The French Embassy Benjamin Franklin - Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
As of May 2016, the Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant becomes "The French Embassy Benjamin Franklin - Generation Study Abroad Scholarship" and is integrated as a component of the Institute of International Education's Generation Study Abroad Campaign. IIE’s Generation Study Abroad aims to facilitate the participation of more U.S. students in an academic, internship, or service-learning experience abroad.
After working closely with the French Embassy on the Transtlantic Friendship and Mobility Initiative over the last two years, IIE will now administer and manage the french Embassy Benjamin Franklin Scholarship Program.
Unlike previous application cycles, when student could apply directly via our online application platform, the next call for application will be made by IIE and will be open to U.S campuses involved in Generation Study Abroad. Selected partner campuses will in turn be responsible for nominating qualified students for the French Embassy-Benjamin Franklin - Generation Study Abroad Scholarship Program.
Read the full Press release : French Embassy Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
Information on eligibility and how universities can apply for incentive grants from the French Embassy can be found at www.generationstudyabroad.org.
The French Embassy - Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
• Provides successful candidates with a scholarship of $2 500 to support their travel to France.
• scholarships can be used for the cost of tuition, books, travel related to study, or internships abroad.
• Offers selected students the opportunity to access the France Alumni Network once they have completed their Study Abroad in France.
Student nomination guidelines
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in an American University.
• Candidates must enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
• Candidates must plan to do their study abroad experience within a French institution.
Application Process and Deadlines
American universities engaged in IIE’s Generation Study Abroad Initiative will be eligible to apply for $5,000 matching grants from the French Embassy. Five selected institutions will then receive the funds and nominate four of their students to receive a $2,500 French Embassy – Generation Study Abroad Scholarship.
Direct applications from students will not be considered
- • Next call : Institutional Call for applications in 2016 through IIE
- • Deadline : Mid-June 2016